Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Day one of the training



Day one of the training      
                                                   Monday, September 7, 2016
It was a cool Wednesday morning of September 7, 2016, a group of thirteen academic members of Journalism and Mass Communication Department converged at the Archbishop Mario Mgulunde Learning Centre, ready for the Internet Training for Journalism Lecturer.    The training is being facilitated by the Peik Johansson from the Finnish Foundation for Media and Development (VIKES) and coordinated by the MISA Tanzania Chapter.

As a motivation to the facilitator, the training began with knowing and hearing from their trainees on what they expect for the four day training. They mentioned that they expect to learn how to create and use blogs, using internet in search for materials and verification of the materials, to name just three, and the facilitator pointed out that plagiarism and copyrights should also be put into consideration.

Personally, I enjoyed the first day of training as I added a new idea on the opening up a blog. At first, I thought it involves a lot of expertise and one should be equipped with computer training. It has been a simple task to open up a blog. I can boldly say, I am a blogger and my task ahead is to fill the blog with information for sharing with the world. 

It is an opportunity for me to share and link up with the world on information sharing and researching. I have also learnt that despite the number of smartphone users in Tanzania, the country is lagging behind in terms of internet users. Asia as the continent is the leading internet user and the number is large due to the emerging industrial countries such as Japan, China and Singapore. 

In general, the training would add value to my teaching profession as I would not be obliged to give hard copies to my students instead I will give my blog address to access my posts Assignments, readings etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment