Saturday, September 10, 2016

Final day of training



Final day of training                           Saturday, September 10, 2016
The day began with writing up an assignment left to us yesterday.  In general the training met my expectation as I have learnt on how to use the blog, search for credible sites and verify the information as there are a number of sources some of which are not credible. I liked the way the training has been interactive and user friendly. As a lecturer, I have learnt and added some values to my teaching career.  

As part of learning, assignments is part and parcel of the training and I welcomed the task with both hands as I was learning by doing. The research assignment in my opinion is a test for the facilitator to know whether the subject has been understood or not. Again, the facilitator wanted us to show the sources of our materials used in writing our articles and show us that attributing to sources is an honest way to do our tasks.

In doing my assignment, I had to search for the related and relevant information to my topic until when I got saturated. Then I took time to read the materials collected to find out an angle to begin my article.  The lesson I learnt from this training is that one needs to accumulate materials, filter them and then plan the angle for the story or article.

There are a number of issues to be taken to my students, using the internet for searching materials, verification of information search and using blogs for sharing information with students. 

In general, the four day training has added value to career as journalism lecturer. I thank MISA Tanzania chapter and Vikes for the training.



No comments:

Post a Comment